Entered 2018 as a 3-star recruit and committed to Florida State (July 2018), but continued to improve and had a great finish to his high school career and elected to stay in-state to play for the Bulldogs. He played in three games as a freshman. As a redshirt freshman, Cross took over the starting job at left tackle. He was named Freshman All-SEC for his play. Likely will be a high mid-first-round pick due to his experience as a quality pass blocker.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Has more pass-blocking snaps than most collegiate linemen in the Bulldogs' scheme. His 366 pass-block snaps are tied for fifth in the FBS.
- Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- He's a natural knee-bender with great balance
- Excellent techincian as a pass blocker and consistently picks up blitzes
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- A smooth mover and covers a lot of ground, working hard to mirror rushers; agile and keeps his feet moving.
- Displays good hip flexibility that he uses to stay balanced against bull rushes and absorb force.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
How other scouting services rate Charles Cross (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank