- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Soft, reliable hands center the big target for quarterbacks. Shields the defense and will let the ball into his pads to protect it when about to absorb a big hit over the middle.
- Has a strong, athletic frame with room for an additional 10 pounds of muscle mass.
- Good body control to reach back for the pass behind him. High-points passes and has good vertical, timing and hand-eye coordination in jump-ball situations.
- Possesses only average straight-line speed and is a bit stiff as a route-runner, showing only average flexibility and burst out of his breaks.
- Lacks the bulk strength to lock on and control NFL defensive linemen. Lower-body strength is questionable and limits his in-line blocking.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Isn't agile for a tight end. Might have real trouble getting open at the next level.
How other scouting services rate Charlie Kolar (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank