- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Shows a burst to close. Flashes explosive hitting ability and good lateral and downfield pursuit.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
How other scouting services rate Owen Pappoe (Overall Rank)