Big, powerful prospect who, like many that have played tackle in college, looks set to move inside in the pros (as indeed he did during the 2019 season for Tennessee where he dominated). Very strong but not the most flexible prospect (hence may be better suited as a guard). There are medical issues that teams will want to investigate carefully.
- Tall, reliable blocker with long arms, good agility, and a solid initial punch. Knocks rushers off their route.
- He dominated his lesser high school competition and earned consensus five-star marks.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Strong, long and lean. Quick to pass twists and stunts inside, reset and keep the pocket tidy. Plays with some power in the run game, especially when he keeps his feet moving.
- Shows the speed to recover and slide back into his set but gets too narrow-based. Has jackhammer hands and delivers constant hits until the play is over. Has light, quick feet sliding but only adequate overall burst.
- Has the ability to sink his hips and generate real power with strong hands. Consistently moves defenders back. Grades out extremely well in every aspect of run blocking.
- Passes the eye test - impressive frame, thick lower half and overall length.
- Oversteps on his kick-side, allowing too wide of a lane back inside for pass rushers able to re-direct quickly. Has more power than quickness, struggles to re-direct and hit the moving target. Lunges too often, leading to flailing missed blocks.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- He missed half of the 2018 season with blood clots in his lungs and risked cutting short his football career. He ended up recovering and returning to his former playing ability in 2019 after being cleared by doctors, but it remains the biggest issue with investing a high pick in him.
Projected as a 2nd - 3rd round pick - if the medical concerns are resolved then he could be a major steal for a team.