- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
How other scouting services rate Dohnovan West (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank