Draft Profile: BioJalen Kimber attended Mansfield Timberview High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.953, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Kimber opted to join Georgia after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Kimber saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 23 snaps at Cornerback for the Bulldogs. He recorded just one tackle, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Kimber notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in just one game and logged 14 snaps for the Bulldogs. He made just one tackle, no assists, and had no stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Plays with the natural balance and ultra-quick feet to mirror underneath, and he’s tremendous at reading routes and reading quarterbacks.
- His length and leaping ability allow him to high-point the ball and make plays. Kimber would have had bigger interception numbers in college had opposing quarterbacks not gone out of their way to avoid him.
- He’s a better tackler than his size might suggest.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Kimber runs well, but Kimber doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
- Doesn’t have much on his frame, and considering his relatively narrow shoulders, he might not be able to add much and keep his twitch at an elite level.
- Liability against the run. Kimber gives effort but doesn’t have the power as a tackler or the ability to slip blocks.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Kimber (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank