- Possesses good straight-line speed, fluid hips to turn and run, and explosiveness out of his breaks. Good vision and anticipation as a free safety.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Has very inconsistent tackling technique and too often just throws himself at the lower body of the ballcarrier instead of wrapping up.
- Takes poor angles on the ball and lacks the pure speed to chase down the ballcarrier.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Lacks the bulk and size to hold up against linemen inside at the next level. Will leave his feet or duck his head at times, leading to missed tackles.
How other scouting services rate Chris Miller (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank