- Understands zone concepts and is aware of his surroundings. Reliable tackler who reacts quickly when he sees it.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Physical downfield and matches up well with bigger receivers. Tough and fiery with very good competitiveness. High-effort player.
- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Has only average long speed and body flexibility.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Martin Emerson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank