- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Takes poor angles on the ball and lacks the pure speed to chase down the ballcarrier.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Has a lean, narrow frame and needs to get stronger.
How other scouting services rate Kaiir Elam (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank