- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Fits best in a zone system at the next level due to size and ability to close to the ball.
- Has good cover skills, athleticism and big -play ability to be a lead cornerback if he matures.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Not enough hip fluidity to adjust to topnotch NFL route runners.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Roger McCreary (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank