- Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Plays the ball as if it was thrown for him, showing burst back to the ball as well as good timing for the jump ball.
- Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Fits best in a zone system at the next level due to size and ability to close to the ball.
- Rare hand-eye coordination and agility, vision and third gear to make a living in the return game.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
How other scouting services rate Derek Stingley Jr. (Overall Rank)