Draft Profile: BioJalen Carter from Apopka High School was rated a 5 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Carter opted to join Georgia.
In 2020 as a freshman Carter saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 287 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 11 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher he added 13 total pressuress, which included 9 QB hurriess, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2021 Carter played in 15 games and took part on 396 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 25 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher he chalked up 34 total pressuress, and 24 QB hurriess, 6 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
He was the Coaches’ All-SEC 2nd team. To be awarded this he achieved 3.0 QB sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good weight-room strength, which translates onto the field in terms of his anchor.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Flashes the strength to stack and shed, move down the line to chase running backs in either direction from inside.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Carter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank