Wilson has been dominating on the football field for quite some time. The No. 2 receiver recruit in the country in the class of 2019, according to 247 Sports' Rankings. As a true freshman, he exploded on film with 30 receptions for 432 yards and five touchdowns. He followed on that impressive debut season with a 43 grabs for 723 yards and six more touchdowns as a 20-year-old sophomore who mostly resided in the slot. If Wilson builds on that he's likely the top WR in this years draft.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Very good hands accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Garrett Wilson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank