- Fits a zone system, can sift through oncoming traffic and explode through tiny creases and cutback lanes. Elite, darting stop-and-go acceleration. Dangerous in the open field.
- Has rare suddenness with lightning footwork to create in tight areas with elusive shiftiness and change-of direction skills.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate John Metchie (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank