Draft Profile: BioTreylon Burks was a four-star recruit out of Warren High School Arkansas where as well as setting receiving records also played baseball and basketball to a high level.
Burks chose to stay local after being heavily recruited joined Arkansas. Burks impressed as a freshman and ended up on the All-SEC freshman team.
In 2020 Burks began getting national attention where he notched up 820 yds receiving and added 70 on the ground in only nine games - resulting in an All-SEC second-team nod.
In 2021 Burks exploded whereas of December 1st he has logged 1104 yds in the air with 11 TDs and rushed for additional 112 yds. His 2,399 career receiving yards are the sixth-most in school history.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has been used all over the field - including snaps as a back. Could easily adopt a role akin to Deebo Samuel in San Francisco - although he's even stronger and more powerful
- A dominating deep threat especially over the past two years where we have given him a perfect deep threat grade
- Uses huge frame and long arms to deliver quality, powerful blocks on defensive backs.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Top-shelf balance and the lower-body strength to power through arm tackles. Has very good vision to set up his moves with impressive run-after the- catch ability.
- Creates mismatches for his quarterback with a large frame and long arms. Good body control to shield defenders and understands how to use his size to his advantage.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Burks is a smooth athlete with outstanding size and strength
- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Shines on vertical routes, eating up a cushion with long strides, and getting downfield before DBs can turn their hips. He has a great combination of size, athleticism, and body control and has been compared to AJ Brown
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and takes a while to hit top speed
- Not as consistent a blocker you would expect consider his size and stregth
- Need to improve his route - tends to short cut and round them off to often
- Doesn't always give 100% on every play
- Hasn't run many diffrent routes at Arkansas and so will enter the NFL very raw
- Has had a probelm with drops - may have a concentration issue
Scouting Report: SummaryA big, physical target with an ideal blend of size and athleticism, Burks has locked himself in as a first-round prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft. The combine will probably decide exactly high on the first day he will hear his name called - where a very good forty-time could propel him into the top 10.
How other scouting services rate Treylon Burks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank