Draft Profile: BioMyles Murphy from Dudley High School was rated a 5 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Murphy opted to join Clemson.
In 2020 as a freshman Murphy saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 423 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 20 tackles, 11 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 20 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 5 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Murphy played in 13 games and took part on 552 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 21 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 42 total pressures, and 33 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 9 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Fast in a straight line. Excellent wide and .bull rushes when he's first off the snap.
- Tremendous explosion; accelerates low with power. Relentless blindside pursuit; tracks down ballcarriers across the field.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays tall and gets upright off the snap. Wins with upper-body strength and needs to focus on leverage.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
How other scouting services rate Myles Murphy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank