Draft Profile: BioYaYa Diaby from Georgia Military College High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Diaby opted to join Louisville.
In 2020 as a freshman Diaby saw action in 8 games and played on a total of 245 snaps for the Cardinals. He recorded 13 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 14 total pressures, which included 14 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Cardinals in 2021 Diaby played in 13 games and took part on 429 snaps for the Cardinals. He recorded 30 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 25 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 22 total pressures, and 18 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Sacks and pressures are product of hustle. Gives effort on every play. Holds the point with length and strong upper body.
- Adequate change-of-direction agility and straight-line speed to contain.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hands aren't strong or active enough to disengage consistently. Gets good push, but will not bull rush NFL tackles.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
How other scouting services rate YaYa Diaby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank