Draft Profile: BioTuli Tuipulotu from Lawndale High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Tuipulotu opted to join USC.
In 2020 as a freshman Tuipulotu saw action in 6 games and played on a total of 201 snaps for the Trojans. He recorded 12 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 9 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Trojans in 2021 Tuipulotu played in 12 games and took part on 630 snaps for the Trojans. He recorded 34 tackles, 14 assists, while adding 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 29 total pressures, and 17 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 6 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
How other scouting services rate Tuli Tuipulotu (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank