Draft Profile: BioK.J. Henry from West Forsyth High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Henry joined Clemson after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Henry saw action in 4 games and played a total of 39 snaps at Edge Rusher for the Tigers. He recorded just 6 tackles, no assists, while adding 5 stops.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2019 Henry played in 15 games and took part in 349 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded just 8 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 12 total pressures, and 8 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Henry played in 12 games and contributed on 386 snaps. He recorded 13 tackles, 5 assists while making 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 16 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Henry logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 341 snaps for the Tigers. He also added 14 tackles, 4 assists, and 15 stops. While in coverage Henry made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 47.9. As a pass rusher, he tallied 23 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a solid 5 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers.
- Henry has ideal length as an edge rusher, with room to add more weight onto his frame.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- He has violent hands and consistently breaks away and disengages from blockers. He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler.
- He has quickness in his hands and uses his length effectively.
- Henry has long arms and displays good power in his hands, which gives him the ability to slip off blocks. As a run defender, Henry has the speed to chase down ball carriers in pursuit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Henry lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. He lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- He’s very much a work in progress with his hand in the dirt. Henry doesn’t play with ideal physicality, often failing to set the edge as a run defender.
- While Henry moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
How other scouting services rate K.J. Henry (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank