Draft Profile: BioIsaiah Foskey from De La Salle High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Foskey opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2019 as a freshman Foskey saw action in 4 games and played on a total of 54 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He recorded 5 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops.
As a sophomore for the Fighting Irish in 2020 Foskey played in 12 games and took part on 282 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He recorded 13 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 18 total pressures, and 8 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Foskey played in 13 games and contributed on 564 snaps. He recorded 34 tackles, 6 assists, while making 35 stops. In coverage Foskey chalked up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 104.2. As a pass rusher, he produced 32 total pressures, which included 17 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 11 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Has fluid footwork to redirect, reverse momentum and close with a burst. Regularly first off the ball with good snap anticipation.
- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays tall and gets upright off the snap. Wins with upper-body strength and needs to focus on leverage.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Foskey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank