- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
How other scouting services rate Drew Himmelman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank