Jenkins had 35 starts at Oklahoma State, and experienced time at all positions along the line except center. He excelled at RT tackle though and that is where he projects in the NFL. The 6-foot-6, 320-pound fifth-year senior offensive tackle is a quality prospect that has enough technical refinement to potentially start early in his career.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- The Oklahoma State tackle has good grip strength as a run blocker, and once he establishes an anchor, he has the straight-line explosiveness and leg drive to power through players.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend, and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- What Jenkins lacks in foot speed and length he makes up for with timing, technique and great footwork off the ball. The explosiveness out of his stance is a great trait that top tackles Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills in last year’s class both had.
- Quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts, and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build, and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Can be beaten off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- His relative lack of wingspan does force him to reach on occasion.
- Has shown promise with multiple pass-blocking sets, but can be choppy on the outside
Jenkins is going to be one of the older prospects in this draft at 23 years old. He was a redshirt senior, which gave him three years of experience which teams may put some teams off, still we regard him as solid second round prospect.