Draft Profile: BioIsaac Rex from San Clemente High School was rated a After high school, Rex opted to join BYU.
In 2019 as a freshman Rex saw action in just 3 games for the Cougars as he made one reception for only 23 yards for an average of 23.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 118.8.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 12 games and had 37 catches for 429 yards for an average of 11.6 yards per catch, with 12 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 146.9. In pass protection he gave up 4 pressures and no sacks.
As a junior in 2021 he played 12 games and hauled in 18 catches for 191 yards for an average of 10.6 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 102.0. As a pass blocker he gave up 6 pressures and no sacks.
As a senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had 21 catches for 292 yards for an average of 13.9 yards per catch, 6 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 117.9. In pass protection he gave up 5 pressures and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- He’s lanky and long-armed, but Rex has the broad-shouldered frame to carry more weight. Rex was a national high-jump champion in high school, and that athleticism translates to the passing game.
- Very good speed for the position. Has a second gear to accelerate. Big-play threat.
- Looks and runs like a lanky receiver. High-cut, long and lean frame. Deceptive speed and enough quickness to separate.
- Quick feet and good balance to create separation on stick and post routes.
- Good burst off the snap, quick hands and good balance to gain a clean release.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Whilst Rex is at his best running downfield, he lacks the elite top-end speed or acceleration to be a field stretcher.
- Rex seems comfortable in traffic to the point where he doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
Isaac Rex percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Isaac Rex (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank