Draft Profile: BioBen Sims from Clark High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Sims opted to join Baylor.
In 2019 as a freshman Sims saw action in 6 games for the Bears as he made 2 receptions for 5 yards for an average of 2.5 yards per reception, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 79.2. As a blocker he allowed one pressure and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 6 games and had 14 catches for 164 yards for an average of 11.7 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 99.5. In pass protction he gave up one pressure and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up 2 pressures and one sack.
As a junior in 2021 he played in 14 games and hauled in 31 catches for 363 yards for an average of 11.7 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 109.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A coordinated athlete and tough player to tackle, running with low pad level. Has good body thickness and strength.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and he shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Quickly secures and protects the ball. Tracks the ball well and adjusts to off-target throws.
- Good effort at the point of attack and second level as a blocker. Intelligent and will quickly acclimate to an NFL offense.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Comes off the snap quick, low and hard. Runs low and accelerates quickly.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
How other scouting services rate Ben Sims (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank