- Good effort at the point of attack and second level as a blocker. Intelligent and will quickly acclimate to an NFL offense.
- Can effectively place a block on a pass rusher before starting route by sinking fluid hips and delivering a punch.
- Has good hand-eye coordination and body control to turn and adjust to poorly thrown balls.
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- Has extremely good, soft, natural hands. Consistently makes the clean catch.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
How other scouting services rate Sam LaPorta (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank