- Has extremely good, soft, natural hands. Consistently makes the clean catch.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Excels finding soft spots in zone coverage and using his large frame to shield defenders.
- Height helps him snare high throws but he also adjusts to low ones. Plays hard and with awareness, knows where the marker is. Runs with toughness and sheds tacklers in secondary.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- A lean athlete with obvious upside. Soft hands. Flashes the ability to make the outstanding catch.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
How other scouting services rate Josh Whyle (Overall Rank)