Draft Profile: BioDarnell Washington from Desert Pines High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Washington opted to join Georgia.
In 2020 as a freshman Washington saw action in 10 games for the Bulldogs as he made 7 receptions for a solid 166 yards for an average of 23.7 yards per reception, with no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 59.3. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 11 games and had just 10 catches for 154 yards for an average of 15.4 yards per catch, with one TD, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 146.5. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
As a junior in 2022 he played 13 games and hauled in a solid 26 catches for a solid 417 yards for an average of 16.0 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 105.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A powerful open-field runner with agility, quickness, and a decent stiff-arm.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and Washington shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- His long arms allow him to play bigger than his size, and he has a frame that can carry a little more weight.
- He’s a coordinated hands catcher who does a nice job digging out low throws. He’s very good with the ball in his hands, a violent runner after the catch, and often able to fend off defenders with a straight arm.
- Washington has a tapered build and strong hands, ripping the ball back with ease when defensive backs manage to get a hold of it.
- He’s very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. Washington also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Washington seems comfortable in traffic to the point where he doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Washington doesn't have a second gear and won't threaten the top of the defense.
- Because his top-end speed is good-not-great, he doesn’t warrant safety help over the top. He may be limited to a role player
How other scouting services rate Darnell Washington (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank