Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 101 (SF)
Draft Profile: BioCameron Latu from Olympus High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Latu opted to join Alabama.
In 2019 as a freshman Latu saw action in 9 games for the Crimson Tide and didn't feature in the passing game.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 6 games and featured little in the passing game. In pass protection he gave up one pressure and no sacks.
As a junior in 2021 he played 15 games and hauled in 26 catches for 409 yards for an average of 15.7 yards per catch, with 8 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 146.3. As a pass blocker he gave up 3 pressures and one sack.
As a senior in 2022 he played 10 games and had 25 catches for 322 yards for an average of 12.9 yards per catch, 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 93.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Latu has strong hands and is extremely competitive, and Latu has an innate sense of timing when it comes to elevating and high-pointing balls.
- Good burst off the snap, quick hands and good balance to gain a clean release.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Latu has a tapered build and strong hands, ripping the ball back with ease when defensive backs manage to get a hold of it.
- A lean athlete with obvious upside. Soft hands. Flashes the ability to make the outstanding catch.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
- He’s a work in progress as a blocker, often playing too high and getting overpowered at the point of attack.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
- Latu really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
Cameron Latu percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cameron Latu (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank