Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Kincaid opted to join San Diego.
In 2018 as a freshman Kincaid saw action in just one game for the Toreros as he made 3 receptions for just 37 yards for an average of 12.3 yards per reception, with one TD, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 157.6. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 4 games and had a solid 16 catches for 336 yards for an average of 21.0 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 129.6. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
After season's end Kincaid transferred to Utah where as a junior in 2020 he played 5 games and hauled in just one catch for just 14 yards for an average of 14.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 9.7.
As a senior in 2021 he played 14 games and had a solid 36 catches for a solid 510 yards for an average of 14.2 yards per catch, 8 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 153.5. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had an excellent 70 catches for an excellent 890 yards for an average of 12.7 yards per catch, 8 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 115.4. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Kincaid plays with a smoothness and balance, and Kincaid shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- He has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone. Kincaid can also turn upfield and break a tackle.
- A lean athlete with obvious upside. Soft hands. Flashes the ability to make the outstanding catch.
- Quick athlete and is usually sure-handed as a receiver. Much-improved route runner, creating space in coverage.
- Decent strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Kincaid lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, Kincaid isn’t great on contested catches.
- He’ll also have to adjust to getting his head around to locate the ball on shorter routes over the middle.
- Average size and power for the position; won't overwhelm with his strength.
Dalton Kincaid percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Dalton Kincaid (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank