Draft Profile: BioTucker Kraft from Timber Lake High School was rated a Following high school, Kraft opted to join South Dakota State.
In 2020 as a freshman Kraft saw action in 7 games for the Jackrabbits as he made 7 receptions for 90 yards for an average of 12.9 yards per reception, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 97.9. As a blocker he allowed one pressure and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 15 games and had 65 catches for 770 yards for an average of 11.8 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 129.4. In pass protction he gave up 3 pressures and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- Varies the speed of his route, using hesitation and shoulder fakes to get the defender guessing.
- Above-average acceleration for a big man.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Has enough speed to challenge the seam but does not possess elite top-end speed.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Good vision to set up blocks and while he isn't quick enough to elude in tight quarters, and take advantage of a defender leaning to spring for additional yardage.
- Soft, reliable hands center the big target for quarterbacks. Shields the defense and will let the ball into his pads to protect it when about to absorb a big hit over the middle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
How other scouting services rate Tucker Kraft (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank