- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
- Sticks throws into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot on slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Marginal height, which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
How other scouting services rate Kenny Pickett (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank