Draft Profile: BioZach Frazier from Fairmont High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Frazier opted to join West Virginia.
In 2020 as a freshman Frazier saw action in 10 games and played a total of 628 snaps for the Mountaineers. He allowed 11 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 895 snaps. He conceded 7 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2022 as a junior Frazier saw action in 12 games and totaled 883 snaps. He gave up 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- Fires out of his stance with a good pad level, consistently winning at the point of attack.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Exhibits good patience in pass protection, sitting back in his set rather than leaning and lunging.
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and Frazier can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Is a little too much of a waist bender, and Frazier doesn’t play with ideal power and functional strength. Most concerning - he often gets caught dropping his head, a bad habit that will have to be corrected.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- He’s much better in tight quarters than in space, where he tends to struggle with quickness on the second level
Zach Frazier percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Zach Frazier (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank