Draft Profile: BioSteve Avila from South Grand Prairie High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a star grade by 247 Sports.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quick setting up after the snap and slides well to the outside, staying patient and balanced off the snap.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- He's infinitely coachable and athletically gifted with the ideal frame, physique, weight distribution, knee bend and hand strength to be molded into a special blocker.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
How other scouting services rate Steve Avila (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank