Draft Profile: BioJarrett Patterson from Mission Viejo High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Patterson opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2018 as a freshman Patterson saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 16 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and a total of 854 snaps. He conceded a solid 5 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Patterson saw action in 8 games and totaled 563 snaps. He gave up a solid 8 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Patterson saw action in 13 games and played a total of 918 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and Patterson has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Patterson plays with good leverage despite his taller frame, and he’s a surprisingly good mover for his size, showing fluidity and flexibility when blocking on the second level.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Patterson is a work in progress with high-end physical traits. He’s extremely light on his feet for a 300-pounder, a natural knee bender who plays with balance and leverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Light on his feet for a guard but doesn't possess the range or size to remain outside against NFL pass rushers.
- Raw as a pass protector, looking choppy and unnatural when moving back into his set, often playing too upright.
- Can struggle to stay engaged, especially on the second level. His hand placement can be sloppy, costing him power.
- Seems more comfortable as a pass protector than Patterson does as a run blocker. Patterson has short arms and might have trouble fending off bigger interior defenders who can get into his body.
How other scouting services rate Jarrett Patterson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank