Draft Profile: BioJarrett Patterson from Mission Viejo High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Patterson opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2018 as a freshman Patterson saw action in 3 games and played on a total of 16 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and a total of 854 snaps. He conceded 5 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2020 as a junior Patterson saw action in 8 games and totaled 563 snaps. He gave up 8 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Patterson saw action in 13 games and played on a total of 918 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Has the agility, technique, and size to contribute early in his professional career. Quick, active hands to latch on to defenders.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- A better than expected athlete who steadily improved in pass protection. Stout at the point of attack and maintains a wide base.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Jarrett Patterson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank