Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 97 (WSH)
Draft Profile: BioRicky Stromberg from Union High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Stromberg opted to join Arkansas.
In 2019 as a freshman Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 722 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed 9 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and a total of 628 snaps. He conceded just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a junior Stromberg saw action in 13 games and totaled 873 snaps. He gave up 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at center.
In 2022 as a senior Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 898 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His high football IQ and the ability to set protections at the line of scrimmage will make him popular with position coaches. He’s instinctive after the snap, reading and reacting quickly to stunts and twists and showing an understanding of angles in the run game.
- He’ll consistently finish blocks, dropping on defenders when Stromberg has them on the ground. Stromberg shows good awareness reacting to twists and stunts as a pass protector, and he has the strength to anchor against bigger defensive linemen.
- Stromberg thrives on physicality, often out-grappling bigger defensive linemen and winning in the phone booth with tenacity and upper-body strength.
- Mauler in the run game, playing with a nasty disposition and showing excellent snap and punch quickness.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While he’s solid as an athlete, he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than setting in pass protection, as Stromberg too often relies solely on his initial punch to stand up pass rushers instead of moving his feet.
- He’ll occasionally stop his feet when delivering a punch, and he doesn’t play with ideal balance when moving back into his set. He’ll often struggle to mirror if he can’t win early on passing plays.
- Doesn’t display the agility and speed to effectively get around as a pulling guard. Stromberg generally struggles in space, and he will have a tough time consistently landing blocks on the second level
Ricky Stromberg percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ricky Stromberg (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank