Draft Profile: BioDylan McMahon from Savannah Christian Preparatory High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, McMahon opted to join NC State.
In 2019 as a freshman McMahon saw action in 4 games and played a total of 100 snaps for the Wolfpack. He allowed 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and a total of 547 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at right guard.
In 2021 as a junior McMahon saw action in 12 games and totaled 810 snaps. He gave up 11 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
In 2022 as a senior McMahon saw action in 12 games and played a total of 751 snaps for the Wolfpack. He allowed 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where McMahon plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Has the natural power to move defenders at the point of attack. McMahon also has the agility and speed to get out in front and land blocks at the second level. McMahon also shows a good understanding of angles when climbing to the second level.
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and he can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- Showing some nastiness to his game, he will sustain blocks through the whistle, thriving when he’s in the phone booth.
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and he has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Shows excellent awareness against twists and stunts, and he has the strong, flexible core and wide base to catch and handle moving defenders.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Clearly more comfortable moving forward than sliding back as a protector.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
Dylan McMahon percentiles vs other Offensive Guard's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Dylan McMahon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank