Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 171 (DEN)
- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Has smooth lateral movement skills with good foot quickness. First off the snap and sets quickly. Aggressive and extends his arms into contact, delivering a sharp punch.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- Bends at the waist and loses leverage, also has a tendency to lunge and lean too far when flustered.
- Not an explosive athlete and has limited range. Will pop upright off the snap and needs to stay balanced, avoid the habit of lunging.
Luke Wattenberg percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Luke Wattenberg (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank