Draft Profile: BioAndrew Vorhees from Kingsburg High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Vorhees opted to join USC.
In 2018 as a freshman Vorhees saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 681 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 2 games and a total of 56 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
In 2020 as a junior Vorhees saw action in 5 games and totaled 415 snaps. He gave up 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a senior Vorhees saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 902 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A better than expected athlete who steadily improved in pass protection. Stout at the point of attack and maintains a wide base.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Andrew Vorhees (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank