Draft Profile: BioJavion Cohen from Central High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Cohen opted to join Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman Cohen saw action in 5 games and played on a total of 28 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 14 games and a total of 1047 snaps. He conceded 28 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork, staying light on his feet. Has the lateral range, natural shuffle movements, and lower body quickness to mirror speed rushers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
How other scouting services rate Javion Cohen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank