Draft Profile: BioJavion Cohen from Central High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Cohen opted to join Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman Cohen saw action in 5 games and played a total of 28 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 14 games and a total of 1047 snaps. He conceded an unipressive 28 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2022 as a junior Cohen saw action in 12 games and totaled 549 snaps. He gave up 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He's quick out of his stance with the footwork to be effective in front of screens. Willing to get out in front of ballcarriers to take out defensive backs and linebackers.
- Has quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level.
- Possesses the natural power to move defenders at the point of attack. He also has the agility and speed to get out in front and land blocks at the second level. Shows a good understanding of angles when climbing to the second level.
- Our player has a powerful upper body, strong core and the grip to win at the point of attack. Does a solid job as a hand fighter. Also flashes the agility to get around and land blocks as a puller.
- While he moves fluidly in pass protection, there are times when the coordination between his upper and lower body could be improved. Sets with a wide base, has the requisite core strength and usually displays balance, but may struggle with it at times.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Doesn’t have ideal coordination between his upper and lower body and is often overeager to land an initial punch, prone to playing off-balance and struggling against counter moves.
- While he probably fits best as a right tackle, he has an outside chance at surviving on the left side for a team with a power-running attack.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
How other scouting services rate Javion Cohen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank