Draft Profile: BioEmil Ekiyor Jr. from Cathedral High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Ekiyor Jr. opted to join Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Ekiyor Jr. saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 9 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 8 games and a total of 134 snaps. He conceded just one QB hurry, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
In 2020 as a junior Ekiyor Jr. saw action in 13 games and totaled 885 snaps. He gave up 8 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right guard.
In 2021 as a senior Ekiyor Jr. saw action in 15 games and played a total of 1010 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed an unipressive 18 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Ekiyor Jr. saw action in 12 games and played a total of 652 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed 6 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Outstanding on reach blocks, showing good initial quickness and flexibility to seal the backside. He’s a heady player who is quick to recognize and react to twists and stunts up front, and Ekiyor shows a good sense of timing on combo blocks.
- Consistently keeps his feet sliding while maintaining power when dealing with speed, often sending speed rushers flying past the pocket
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- When his hand placement is right, he has the strong grip that allows him to manhandle opponents. Ekiyor plays with a mean streak and keeps the nastiness going through the whistle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Is a little too much of a waist bender, and Ekiyor doesn’t play with ideal power and functional strength. Most concerning - he often gets caught dropping his head, a bad habit that will have to be corrected.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- His kick slide is inconsistent, and he’ll often set too high
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
Emil Ekiyor Jr. percentiles vs other Offensive Guard's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Emil Ekiyor Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank