Draft Profile: BioBo Nix from Pinson Valley High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Nix opted to join Auburn.
In 2019 as a freshman Nix saw action in 13 games for the Tigers as he threw for 2538 yards on 382 attempts with a completion percent of 56.8 for an average of 6.6 yards per pass, with 16 TDs, while taking 16 sacks, and a QB rating of 84.5. He added 85 runs for a total of 429 yards at an average of 5.0 per run.
In 2020 as a sophomore he played in 11 games as he passed for 2412 yards on 361 attempts with a completion percent of 59.3 for an average of 6.7 yards per pass, with 12 TDs, while also taking 17 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 82.3. He made 93 runs for a total of 480 yards at an average of 5.2 per rush.
As a junior in 2021 Nix played in a total of 10 games. He passed for 2293 yards on 327 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 60.2 for an average of 7.0 yards per attept, with 11 TDs, and allowing 11 sacks, with a QB rating on the year of 88.9. As a runner he logged 52 runs for a total of 268 yards at an average of 5.2 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Dual-threat quarterback with athletic footwork and mobility. Instinctive runner with very good toughness - uses stiff arms and runs with good body strength.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Flashes good accuracy to all levels of the field and has the arm strength to make every requisite NFL throw.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
How other scouting services rate Bo Nix (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank