- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Excellent height to see over the defense.
- Athletic build with plenty of room for another 10-15 pounds of muscle mass. Mobile quarterback who can buy time in the pocket and is a threat to gain yards with his feet.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Lacks poise in the pocket and abandons his reads too quickly. Takes too many chances.
How other scouting services rate Hendon Hooker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank