Draft Profile: BioDorian Thompson-Robinson from Bishop Gorman High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Thompson-Robinson opted to join UCLA.
In 2018 as a freshman Thompson-Robinson saw action in 8 games for the Bruins as he threw for a decent 1308 yards on 195 attempts with a completion percent of 57.9 for an average of 6.7 yards per pass, with only 7 TDs, while taking 20 sacks, and a decent QB rating of 81.7. He added 32 runs for a total of 206 yards at an average of 6.4 per run.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 11 games as he passed for an impressive 2700 yards on 365 attempts with a completion percent of 59.2 for an average of 7.4 yards per pass, with an impressive 21 TDs, while also taking 33 sacks, and putting up a decent QB rating of 87.7. He made 87 runs for a total of 505 yards at an average of 5.8 per rush.
As a junior in 2020 Thompson-Robinson played a total of 5 games. He passed for a decent 1128 yards on 140 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 65 for an average of 8.1 yards per attempt, with a decent 12 TDs, and allowing 8 sacks, with an impressive QB rating on the year of 106.5. As a runner he logged 49 runs for a total of 361 yards at an average of 7.4 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Thompson-Robinson saw action in 11 games as he threw for an impressive 2390 yards on 284 attempts with a completion percent of 61.6 for an average of 8.4 yards per pass, with an impressive 21 TDs, while taking 22 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 104.3. He added 120 runs for a total of 706 yards at an average of 5.9 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Physically, Thompson-Robinson is a natural athlete who plays with the balance and light feet to float in the pocket.
- He’s a pure athlete, loose-limbed and flexible. Thompson-Robinson has the speed to pick up yardage in scramble situations.
- He’s good enough as a runner to work read-option plays, keeping back-side defenders in place.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Ball placement is a strength. Thompson-Robinson has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Very ordinary arm, though there is room for improvement with better technique. Lacks strength to stretch the field horizontally or vertically. Throws too many passes flat-footed or without his feet being set.
- Thompson-Robinson has a bad habit of fading and throwing off his back foot when the pocket gets muddled, and Thompson-Robinson is too often all arm when throwing on the move, sacrificing accuracy.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
How other scouting services rate Dorian Thompson-Robinson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank