Draft Profile: BioDorian Thompson-Robinson from Bishop Gorman High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Thompson-Robinson opted to join UCLA.
In 2018 as a freshman Thompson-Robinson saw action in 8 games for the Bruins as he threw for 1308 yards on 195 attempts with a completion percent of 57.9 for an average of 6.7 yards per pass, with 7 TDs, while taking 20 sacks, and a QB rating of 81.7. He added 32 runs for a total of 206 yards at an average of 6.4 per run.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 11 games as he passed for 2700 yards on 365 attempts with a completion percent of 59.2 for an average of 7.4 yards per pass, with 21 TDs, while also taking 33 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 87.7. He made 87 runs for a total of 505 yards at an average of 5.8 per rush.
As a junior in 2020 Thompson-Robinson played in a total of 5 games. He passed for 1128 yards on 140 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 65 for an average of 8.1 yards per attept, with 12 TDs, and allowing 8 sacks, with a QB rating on the year of 106.5. As a runner he logged 49 runs for a total of 361 yards at an average of 7.4 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Thompson-Robinson saw action in 11 games as he threw for 2390 yards on 284 attempts with a completion percent of 61.6 for an average of 8.4 yards per pass, with 21 TDs, while taking 22 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 104.3. He added 120 runs for a total of 706 yards at an average of 5.9 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Dual-threat quarterback with athletic footwork and mobility. Instinctive runner with very good toughness - uses stiff arms and runs with good body strength.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Slight frame with limited room for additional growth. Possesses an average arm that forces him to wind up to drive the ball longer than 15 yards.
How other scouting services rate Dorian Thompson-Robinson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank