- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Prototypical height for the position with the frame to easily add another 15 pounds of muscle mass without a significant loss in quickness.
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Lacks poise in the pocket and abandons his reads too quickly. Takes too many chances.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Tanner McKee (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank