Draft Profile: BioCameron Rising from Newbury Park High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Rising opted to join Utah.
In 2020 as a freshman Rising saw action in just one game for the Utes as he threw for only 45 yards on 6 attempts with a completion percent of 50 for an average of 7.5 yards per pass, with no TDs, while taking one sack, and only QB rating of 35.4. He added 79 runs for a total of 523 yards at an average of 6.6 per run.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 13 games as he passed for 2493 yards on 320 attempts with a completion percent of 63.8 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with 20 TDs, while also taking 8 sacks, and putting up QB rating of 102.0. He made 62 runs for a total of 462 yards at an average of 7.5 per rush.
As a junior in 2022 Rising played a total of 12 games. He passed for 2935 yards on 366 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 65.8 for an average of 8.0 yards per attempt, with 25 TDs, and allowing 7 sacks, with QB rating on the year of 105.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s enough of a threat as a runner to make the read-option game effective.
- Rising thrives when he’s extending plays. He’s a loose athlete who should be able to clean up his mechanics at the next level. He’ll hang in and take big hits.
- He has a quick release and a live arm, delivering tight spirals, and Rising shows good touch at the intermediate levels
- He’s an athlete who runs well and must be accounted for in the read-option game.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Ball placement is a strength. Rising has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Rising tends to hold the ball loosely and away from his body, putting him at risk for strip sacks.
- When Rising did hang back and move on to a second or third receiver, he was slow working through his progressions.
- He has to clean up his throwing motion when he’s on the move. Rising was often too quick to pull the ball down and take off, and he seemed to have trouble sifting through moving parts in the middle of the field.
Cameron Rising percentiles vs other Quarterback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cameron Rising (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank