Draft Profile: BioCameron Rising from Newbury Park High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rising opted to join Utah.
In 2020 as a freshman Rising saw action in one game for the Utes as he threw for 45 yards on 6 attempts with a completion percent of 50 for an average of 7.5 yards per pass, with no TDs, while taking one sack, and a QB rating of 35.4. He added 79 runs for a total of 523 yards at an average of 6.6 per run.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 13 games as he passed for 2493 yards on 320 attempts with a completion percent of 63.8 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with 20 TDs, while also taking 8 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 102.0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Athletic build with plenty of room for another 10-15 pounds of muscle mass. Mobile quarterback who can buy time in the pocket and is a threat to gain yards with his feet.
- Dual-threat quarterback with athletic footwork and mobility. Instinctive runner with very good toughness - uses stiff arms and runs with good body strength.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Sticks throws into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot on slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
How other scouting services rate Cameron Rising (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank