Draft Profile: BioChris Tyree from Thomas Dale High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Tyree joined Notre Dame.
In 2020 as a freshman Tyree saw action in 12 games for the Fighting Irish as he ran for a decent 501 yards on 72 attempts for an elite 7.0 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made only 8 receptions for 65 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 11 games. and rushed for a decent 222 yards on 56 carries for a decent 4.0 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in a decent 24 receptions for 258 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Tyree saw action in 12 games for the Fighting Irish. He ran for a decent 433 yards on 95 attempts for a decent 4.6 ypc, with 3 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made a decent 20 receptions for 128 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A small but solidly built runner, Tyree has a scat-back skill set but is more effective between the tackles than you might expect.
- Tyree shows creativity and escapability in space, with good speed once he’s in the open field.
- He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that he can line up in the slot.
- Possesses agile feet with the patience, balance and vision to sidestep and elude defenders - nice job following his blocks and working well in tight areas. Physical at the point of attack and keeps his feet moving
- He shows suddenness off the line of scrimmage and accelerates quickly, and his top-end speed is among the best in this draft.
- Tyree moves at a different speed than most of the players on the field. His initial burst and acceleration once the ball is in his hands are special.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- The lack of size is an obvious problem, and Tyree will have to prove his worth on special teams
- He’ll be relegated to outside runs and is little more than a potential cut blocker in blitz pickup
- Does not always show a burst in the box, anticipates contact. Can get I turned easily on draws and inside isolation plays, shuffling and failing to restart momentum. Power in his cuts has been inconsistent. Tripped upon first contact.
How other scouting services rate Chris Tyree (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank