- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- NFL defenders may be able to knock him off his route because of his slight frame.
How other scouting services rate Savon Scarver (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank