- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Doesn't look like much physically with a smallish frame and little room to get much bigger
- Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver. Has some ball security concerns. Durability concerns because of his size.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
How other scouting services rate Mykel Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank