- He gets off the line with a nice burst and is very fluid in his movements with little wasted steps in his routes.
- Plays fast and confident. Covers a lot of ground in the short half of the field and is slippery after the catch.
- Fits a zone system, can sift through oncoming traffic and explode through tiny creases and cutback lanes. Elite, darting stop-and-go acceleration. Dangerous in the open field.
- Has elite speed and cutting ability and good hands and toughness. Lacks the ideal size, but has a similar body type to Antonio Brown.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- NFL defenders may be able to knock him off his route because of his slight frame.
How other scouting services rate Zay Flowers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank