Draft Profile: BioJaxon Smith-Njigba from Rockwall High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Smith-Njigba opted to join Ohio State.
In 2020 as a freshman Smith-Njigba saw action in 7 games for the Buckeyes as he made 10 receptions for 49 yards for an average of 4.9 yards per reception, with one TD, and a QB rating when targeted of 107.5.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and had 95 catchess for 1595 yards for an average of 16.8 yards per catch, with 9 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 141.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank